There is nothing more rewarding in life than working on something you love. In those cases, it is usual not to mind putting in more hours than you should, as long as it is satisfactory and that it is of your own free will. But it is always necessary to separate our work life from personal life to be able to charge batteries and clear our head. We find the problem when we work for a workaholic. In that situation, it is easy to think that you have to imitate him and be continuously available. This can become a major problem in the long run, hence the need to set limits. To make this easier, today we want to share with you an infographic showing several strategies to impress a boss who is addicted to work but without becoming one.
Tips we can follow:
Let’s look at some things we can do to avoid becoming a workaholic and follow in the footsteps of our boss:
- Make things clear : It is important to talk to the boss and tell him about the hours or times when he can contact you outside of working hours. Do not think that you are available 24 hours a day.
- Make the limits clear : You have to make him see that if he sends a lot of work, your effectiveness may decrease. Only take on that job that you can carry out. Don’t compromise to look good.
- After work activities : There is nothing like scheduling an activity that you have to do after work. Playing sports, learning a language or anything else can be highly recommended.
- Take a step forward : There are times when it is necessary to take an extra hour to carry out a project. You should always be ready in those moments.
- Ask for advice : The person addicted to work, most likely has had to face a multitude of situations. Ask him for advice in those cases that you have doubts about how to carry out a task.